[vdr] conditional access and restarting

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 17:46:25 CET 2006

I demand that Klaus Schmidinger may or may not have written...

[snip]
> VDR doesn't "try to get data by restarting". When a recording is active,
> and there is no data received for a certain time, VDR assumes that there is
> something wrong with the driver/firmware/whatever and initiates a reload of
> the driver (actually the surrounding wrapper script is supposed to do this,
> so VDR just exists with a specific return value).

And it does this even when something else is being received on the same
multiplex. (I've only tested this with live viewing of a different channel.)

Maybe it needs to check whether other PIDs are present on that multiplex? If
data is then received, there is nothing wrong: it is likely that the channel
is part-time or that there is a *transmission* problem, e.g. a channel has
been erroneously deleted.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @                      Say NO to UK ID cards
|                                                       http://www.no2id.net/

Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your shoulder.