[vdr] Re: 1.3.41 and buffer reserve

Peter Juszack vdr at unterbrecher.de
Sun Jan 29 18:24:13 CET 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> - Removed the "buffer reserve" in Transfer Mode - it's no longer
> necessary with
>   recent driver/firmware versions.

I had set GotBufferReserve = true in the previous version. Things
improved a lot -
ARD Dolby Digital stuttering went away.
Yesterday I still had problems when recording ARD ( Dolby Digital ) and
ZDF ( Dolby Digital )
in parallel yesterday on my 2 card system.

System was almost unusable as long as I watched the ZDF live signal or
the ZDF recording.
Switching to another (available channel) helped alltough recording went on.

I tried today and it things worked much better (only a little slower
OSD). Maybe at has to do with
the fact that yesterday's  "Wetten dass" was in DD 5.1 and today's
program is DD 2.0.

I noticed that the code in transfer.c has reduced a lot - can that be
reason or is it the same
a previous code with GotBufferReserver = true ?

It seems to me that ARD/ ZDF Dolby Digital is some kind of corrupted
because there have been no
problems with Pro/ or SAT.1

Thanks Peter