[vdr] Confirm messages

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 19:02:30 CET 2006

In <4DF0E0017A%linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>, Darren Salt wrote:

> I demand that Laurence Abbott may or may not have written...
>
> > On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 14:00 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >> Since version 1.3.38 the Red button in the Schedule menu immediately
> >> creates the timer and marks the event with 'T'. So it can't happen any
> >> more that a timer is not confirmed.
>
> > I upraded from 1.3.36 to 1.3.40 last weekend and noticed this new behaviour
> > last night. I like it a lot! Much faster than having to press OK after
> > seeing the timer settings (which are generally how I want them anyway!). It
> > just feels slicker now.
>
> Just wait until you want to record a film on, say, ITV2. You know, one of
> those which is split in half so that they can stick in some other programme,
> the scheduled start and end times of which are works of fiction.

I've found that a nuisance too. You have to get used to it, because in
printed TV guides they often just list it as one programme with a note
that there's a break for something else in the middle. I think it would
be worthwhile for VDR to check whether the next programme but one after
the one you're recording has the same name.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk