[vdr] kvdr 0.64 released

Qwasi qwasi_1999 at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 30 17:31:15 CET 2006

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2006 10:35 schrieb gfiala at s.netic.de:
> About your problem with no more overlay-mode,
> i had a conversation about this with someone else, and it turned out he
> uses the "latest NVidia-Drivers" and this is the problem.

Jepp, you're right! I'm using the latest
(8178) version of these drivers :(

> These drivers do (no longer???) support DGA and dga ist required to detect
> the framebuffer-adress, at least all programs i know of use DGA to do so.
> This is, that v4l-conf is used to set the framebuffer-adress for any
> overlay- displaying software and it complains about missing DGA-extension.
> Is there a proposal that DGA is a depricated feature or how can this
> happen?

Would be interesting!

> (It turned out, that xawtv does an automatic fallback to xv-mode in such
> cases, so it is not that obvious sometimes.)
>
> You can test this problem by running v4l-conf manually in a console.
> (Eventually your v4l-conf binary is not suid-root, this is another cause
> for no overlay been shown when kvdr run as non-root user).

Kvdr did always run with user-rights!?
Here's the output of v4l-conf:

v4l-conf: using X11 display :0
dga: version 2.0
X Error of failed request:  XF86DGANoDirectVideoMode
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (XFree86-DGA)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (XF86DGAGetVideoLL)
  Serial number of failed request:  13

Lg
Roman