[vdr] xine-network patches

CR oauk32v02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 1 10:46:06 CEST 2006

Anssi,

> Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Those who run vdr-xine with the network patches, what is the version of
> > your libxine and which patches do you use for libxine and vdr-xine?

You might want to try "xineliboutput" -- it's a plugin that includes
network functionality WITHOUT having to apply any patches to
xine/xinelib/xineui!

You add any clients that need access to the svdrphosts.conf file .  The
package includes standalone front-end programs, so you don't have to use
Xine-UI if you don't want to (make frontends on the frontend machine).

You'll probably have to re-compile xinelib without any patches, but that
shouldn't be a big deal.

Here's the latest version:

http://users.tkk.fi/~phintuka/vdr/vdr-xineliboutput/vdr-xineliboutput-0.99rc2.tgz

It should work on AMD64, though I only have a 32-bit machine.

Regards,
C.