[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR maintenance patch 1.4.0-3
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Jun 4 12:09:22 CEST 2006
VDR maintenance patch 1.4.0-3 is now available at
This is a 'diff' against the official version 1.4.0 plus all
previous 1.4.0-X maintenance patches (which means that you need
to first apply any previously released patches before you can apply
Small fixes to the officially released VDR versions will be first
made available as "maintenance patches" in the Developer directory,
so that they can be reviewed and tested before a new official
release is published.
So please apply the patches
in the given sequence to the original VDR version 1.4.0 and
report whether it works (or if it causes any new problems).
If no bugs are reported, I'll release this as version 1.4.1
The changes since version 1.4.0-2:
- Fixed the PremiereContentTransmissionDescriptor in 'libsi' (thanks to Stefan
- Removed all the compatibility '#if APIVERSNUM...' stuff and instead increased
the API version number - plugins will have to be recompiled.
- Removed the call to pthread_setschedparam(childTid, SCHED_RR, 0) in thread.c,
because it caused a compiler warning with g++ 4.1.1 (reported by Ville Skyttä).
Since the third parameter has to be non-null to have any effect, the call was
presumably a NOP, anyway.
- Fixed the 'clean-plugins' target in the Makefile to also remove additional
plugin libraries (thanks to Wayne Keer).
- Applied the fixes to moving and deleting channels from version 1.4.0-2 to the
SVDRP commands MOVC and DELC as well.
- Fixed handling the display of the '*' indicator in the "What's on now/next?"
menu, so that events that haven't been "seen" in the data stream within 30
seconds won't be shown as "running".
- Fixed handling tabbed item display in 'skincurses'.
- Increased the column spacing in the "Recordings" menu (was too small for the
- When the 'skincurses' plugin is loaded, it automatically sets the 'curses'
skin as the current one. This doesn't modify the Setup.OSDSkin parameter, so
that after using 'skincurses' (for instance for debugging) the previously
selected skin will be used again.
- Added some log messages when setting the current skin.
- Only making a second attempt to set the current skin at startup if the first
attempt has failed.
- Now switching to non-VPS timers' channels 60 seconds before the timer starts
(if a free device is available), to allow for the updating of EPG data and CA
descriptors before the actual recording starts.
More information about the vdr