[vdr] Explaining VPS

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Jun 6 22:45:35 CEST 2006

Suur Karu wrote:
> Hi, all!
> Please explain me how VPS works in VDR?
> I reside in GMT+2 (+3h in summertime) timezone and
> when watching for example ZDF EPG shows correct time, but
> VPS reports +1h. Is it transmitted in localtime?
> Example:
> EPG: 06.06.2006 21:15-22:00 (45 min)
> VPS: 06.06 20:14
> and as result +1:01
>
> Is it correct?

The "Programme Identification Label" (PIL) is the "first
published start time of a certain event", and it is in local
time. So if you're not in the same time zone as the broadcast
station, there's a problem.

Maybe we also need to take into account the "local time offset descriptor"
to find out the actual time offset of the broadcast station, but
IIRC that descriptor wasn't broadcast back when I started
implementing VPS. I'll take a look at this...

Klaus