[vdr] VDR version 1.4.1, pic issue

Prakash Punnoor prakash at punnoor.de
Sun Jun 11 15:59:10 CEST 2006

Hi,
there is still something fishy with fPIC handling. It works as expected as
long as you don't define CXXFLAGS yourself, ie. unpacking distribution, make;
make plugins is OK. But If I set flags in Make.conf, the -fPIc doesn't get
added for plugins, and I can't seem to make this happen by patching (I don't
know much about Makefile syntax) other than adding -fPIC directly into
the %.o: %.c rule line in each plugin's Makefile.

So maybe you want to take a look at this again?
--
//\ Prakash Punnoor /\\