[vdr] streamdev-server for 1.4.1

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Fri Jun 16 12:31:33 CEST 2006

Gavin Hamill <gdh at acentral.co.uk> writes:

> I did try to do it with VLC, but encountered a bug which ate 3MB of
> RAM on the server per second when the stream was running (!)

Oh strange it works-ish with vlc here (i'm using streamdev from cvs
and http/PES) but with latest ffserver (from cvs) it does the
memory-eating/leaking you're talking about.

I use ffmpeg to read from streamdev http/PES and transcode to
ffserver. As soon as a client connects to ffserver it starts leaking
and in less than 2minutes it gets killed by the kernel.