[vdr] xineliboutput plugin: how to control vdr from xine-ui?

Eckhart Guthöhrlein e_w_g at web.de
Sun Jun 18 12:44:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using the xineliboutput plugin:

vdr -P"xineliboutput --nolocal --remote=37890"

and then connect to vdr from xine-ui with

xine "xvdr://127.0.0.1:37890#nocache;demux:mpeg_block"

as described in the plugin readme
(http://users.tkk.fi/~phintuka/vdr/vdr-xineliboutput/README). This
works, in principle, but I cannot control vdr via the keyboard from
within xine, although it should work out of the box according to the
docs.
I have configured the keys both in vdr and in xine, so this cannot be
the problem. Using the vdr-sxfe frontend that comes with the plugin,
keyboard control works. Of course, I would prefer using xine-ui with all
its functions.
Can anybody give me a hint what's wrong or missing?

Thanks in advance,
Eckhart