[vdr] vdr 1.4.1: Confused after /video full

Wolfgang Fritz wolfgang.fritz at gmx.net
Sun Jun 18 17:33:25 CEST 2006

I am running vdr 1.4.1. Some days ago I found it running in the morning.
It hadn't shut down after a recording. Trying a manual shutdown gave the
error message:

"Recording in -244 minutes. Really shutdown?" (not this message exactly,
but the German version). Pressing "OK" did not work, I had to log in to
a console and to do a "shutdown -h".

Reason: /video was full, no recordings could be deleted, so VDR tried
in vain again and again to start the programmed recording.

Shouldn't VDR stop its well meant but useless efforts at the latest if
the event to record is over?

Wolfgang