[vdr] vdr-1.4.1: bug report and fix: ReadLink with relative targets

Patrick Cernko errror at errror.org
Mon Jun 19 17:47:37 CEST 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Patrick Cernko wrote:
>> Hi again,
>>

>>> @Klaus: Feel free to review/reduce the code but pay attention to the
>>> special cases! ;-)
>
> Well, your patch looks like overkill to me ;-)
>
> What about using 'canonicalize_file_name()' instead?

Hmm, sorry, it seems you missed declaration and definition of
canonicalize_file_name or is it a (system) function my sarge system
doesn't know of (in that case, which header file do I have to include)?

Generally I fully agree with you: If you find a simple implementation,
that ensures, that readlink-values not starting with '/' are prepended
with dirname(symlink) followed by a "/", just do it.

So long,

P.S.: I'm currently in vacation in Turkey and do  not read my mails very
regulary.
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror at errror.org | http://www.errror.org

"Hello, Tech Support? How do I set my laser printer to stun?"
(anonym)