[vdr] OS Upgrade left VDR broken...

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Jun 24 02:20:27 CEST 2006

Mlists wrote:
>   Hi all -- I did an OS update today and it seems to have broken a few
> things.  In particular it might be related to GCC being 4.1.1 now.
> Here's the error:
>
> menuitems.h:23: error: extra qualification 'cMenuEditItem::' on member
> 'SetValue'

I'm 'just' using GCC 4.1.0, but VDR works fine for me.
What VDR version do you compile? Do you use any patches on VDR? What
does the referenced line look like in your source? The original line
throughout 1.2.0 - 1.4.1 is this:

   void SetValue(const char *Value);

and thats perfectly ok in my eyes. No cMenuEditItem::SetValue that would
trigger this error for sure.

Also, whats the ccache in front of g++, some kind of compiler caching?
Maybe you need to flush this cache because of whatever?

Cheers,

Udo