[vdr] softdevice & nvidia overlay issues

CR oauk32v02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Jun 26 13:28:26 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using VDR 1.4.0-2, softdevice cvs 2006-5-30, nVidia 6200TC video card,
nVidia binary driver 8762, Xorg 6.8.1, TV-out (NTSC) @ 800x600x24bpp, GCC
4.1.1 .

For OSD, if I use "psuedo", in full-screen mode, the entire OSD "blinks"
when there is video and the OSD is not usable.  If I use "software" for
OSD setting, then OSD looks OK but when overlayed over video, OSD colors
are all wrong.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I've seen similar behavior on a TNT2 using the opensource "nv" driver, and
other bizarre problems using ATI cards (both opensource and ATI
proprietary drive), so I think something in softdevice OSD code is
incorrect.

Using mplayer,xine/xine-ui, videos/DVDs play fine and overlay always works
correctly.

Thanks,
CR.