[vdr] softdevice & nvidia overlay issues

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Mon Jun 26 23:40:06 CEST 2006

On Montag 26 Juni 2006 13:28, CR wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using VDR 1.4.0-2, softdevice cvs 2006-5-30, nVidia 6200TC video card,
> nVidia binary driver 8762, Xorg 6.8.1, TV-out (NTSC) @ 800x600x24bpp, GCC
> 4.1.1 .

Newer nvidia cards do not support Overlay mode:

> For OSD, if I use "psuedo", in full-screen mode, the entire OSD "blinks"
> when there is video and the OSD is not usable.  If I use "software" for
> OSD setting, then OSD looks OK but when overlayed over video, OSD colors
> are all wrong.

Wrong OSD color only ?
Or both video and OSD ?

Use softdevice setup OSD and try to change the HUE value to max (100).
If you can read german, have a look at this:

> Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
> I've seen similar behavior on a TNT2 using the opensource "nv" driver, and
> other bizarre problems using ATI cards (both opensource and ATI
> proprietary drive), so I think something in softdevice OSD code is
> incorrect.

Radeons (rv280:9200 and rv350:9550) work fine even with pseudo mode
using Xorg 7.0 here. The limitation in pseudo mode is, that it is not a real
alphablend mode.

Stefan Lucke