[vdr] ATi Remote key repeat

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Jun 27 15:13:25 CEST 2006

Hi

On 1:03:25 pm 27/06/2006 Marko  Mäkelä  <marko.makela at hut.fi> wrote:
> The protocol is likely entirely different.  I'm sorry, my suggestion
> of simply mapping repeated packets to key-repeat events is
> inappropriate for RF communications, where packet loss or corruption

No probs - at this stage I'm grateful for as much input (no pun intended ;)
on the issue as I can get, because I'm a bit stumped! I'd really like to
avoid patches if possible, if only because between the various xine and vdr
patches and packages, keeping current is proving rather time intensive!
Having said that, it's totally worth it because vdr is so cool and useful :)

> comment in the beginning of ati_remote.c, "The hardware generates 5
> events for the first keypress".

Hmm, that's very interesting. I guess I should start reading the source.

Cheers,
---
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net