[vdr] Multiple Xine-Network Instances

syrius.ml at no-log.org syrius.ml at no-log.org
Tue Jun 27 23:38:01 CEST 2006

Henk Wiedig <henk at wiedig.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I use VDR 1.4.0 with Xine-0.9.7 and network Patch.
> Everthing works fine but I have three Network Clients in my local
> network.
>
> Is it possible to connect all three at the same time to my VDR ?

not with vdr-xine, you have to use xineliboutput. (and the 3 clients
will have to watch the same channel)
If you look at an independant way to watch different channel+osd
you'll have to use one vdr+streamdev_server and 2 vdr+streamdev_client.
(three of them with vdr-xine/xineliboutput).
Or use vdr-xine/xinelibouput + 2 video players using streamdev as http
source.

I hope next vdr (1.5) objetives will be to handle extensively:
- multiple dvb cards/sources
- regroup similar channels with priorities
- multiple frontends watching differents channels (multiple osd,
  global recordings/timers, ....)