[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-soppalusikka-0.0.1

Petri Helin petri.j.helin at welho.com
Thu Mar 2 22:59:26 CET 2006

Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated my enElchi skin for text2skin to a standalone one,
> soppalusikka, with a couple of new and neat features. The skin has been
> used in my VDR setup for a couple of weeks and haven't noticed any major
> bugs, so here's the first public release for newly released vdr-1.4.44:
>
> http://www.saunalahti.fi/~rahrenbe/vdr/soppalusikka/
>
> The enElchi archives will be moved under soppalusikka.
>
> BR,
> --
> rofa

Hi,

I tried the version 0.02 and although it seems to be working fine, I
have couple of questions. First of all, there are no indication in the
main menu display about a recording activity, if the recording was
started by a timer. I looked at the source code and it looks like
cSkinSoppalusikkaDisplayMenu::SetRecording should do that by adding a
cTextScroller, but it isn't called at any point. Or am I totally mistaken?

One proposition I'd like to make is that you could somehow get this and
the femon plugin to work together, so that the femon plugin could offer
for example information about the aspect ratio of the current program
which in turn could be added to the program information. Or can that be
achieved by other means?

-Petri