[vdr] [RFC] plugins replacing main menu entries 1-4

Thiemo rollercoaster at reel-multimedia.com
Fri Mar 3 20:40:29 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. März 2006 14:22 schrieb Christian Wieninger:
> > Also, your suggestion will call MainMenuAction for each menu entry, how
> > should the plugin know which one was called?
>
> This is only true, if a plugin would handle more than one main menu
> entry. Can't imagine a plugin like that.
well, I could: epgsearch ;)

it would be easy to also use it as replacement for the channellist if you set
"show channels without EPG" to yes with a special call or flag.
Further on, I wish i could jump directly to the search function of epgsearch
without having to call the epg.
And finally the "Edit timer" function is also more powerfull as you can set
every weekday separately.

so there are at least four functions epgsearch could replace and therefore the
original idea of a plugin providing one _or multiple_ services was not such a
bad idea (imho) :)

But I also like Udo's idea of being able to create the menu "dynamically",
currently i personally use the menu-patch from the setup-plugin to create my
own menu structure and sort and group all the plugins and functions (no this
is not a suggestion, just an example).

cheers,
Thiemo