[vdr] VDR and MythTV

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Tue Mar 7 22:26:03 CET 2006

From: "Robbo" <ml at the-view.eclipse.co.uk>
> On 7 Mar 2006, at 19:46, Dag Nygren wrote:
>> I also noticed that VDR can record one stream from the same MUX  when you
>> watch another. If this works it would be very useful here in  Finland
>> with
>> currently two MUX:es and my having only one DVB tuner (so far).
> It can also record all the channels and the same MUX at the same  time,
> which begs the question how many channels can you record at the  same time
> with so many cards without having issues.  Anyone?

Well I've got two cards and I have tested recording nine channels at the
same time with no problems. The channels were from to muxes naturally. And I
live in Finland. Almost every day I record three channels at the same time.
And I've got only 600MHz PIII and one SATA drive for recordings. I did not
check the cpu load at that time but can do that if someone wants to know.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.