[vdr] VDR and MythTV

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Wed Mar 8 22:06:49 CET 2006

From: "Niko Mikkila" <nm at phnet.fi>
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:35:13 +0000
> Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I demand that Kartsa may or may not have written...
>>
>> [snip]
>> > Almost every day I record three channels at the same time.
>>
>> That means little without bandwidth stats (or disk space used per hour)
>> for
>> those channels.
>
> On average under 3500 kbit/s = 1.5 GB/hour for most Finnish channels,
> at least on DVB-T, and I doubt cable is any better here.

And because the original question concerned Finnish channels I thought that
was irrelevant because I also live in Finland :) And I have understood that
here in Helsinki HTV is "just" putting the streams from the air to cable.

I have not really analysed the average bitstrean but I doubt if it is even
near 3500 kbit/s. So low quality it is.

\\Kartsa