[vdr] vdr installation problem(use e-tobi.net Debian/c't VDR-Repository)

yitahutu yitahutu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 06:52:52 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install vdr for the 1st time but cannot make it, please
give me some hints on which steps i'm missing, thanks

My system:
PII 350/128M ram/Twinhan 1020A/Hollywood+.
Debian sid, kernel recompiled using linux-source-2.6.15.

I try to use e-tobi.net Debian/c't VDR-Repository

deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
deb http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental sid base addons vdr-standard
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat sid main

apt-get install em8300 vdr vdr-plugin-dxr3

vdr:/home/vdr# vdr
vdr: no primary device found - using first device!
vdr:/home/vdr#

vdr:/home/vdr# vdr -Pdxr3
vdr:/home/vdr#

vdr:/home/vdr# ls /dev/dvb
ls: /dev/dvb: No such file or directory
vdr:/home/vdr#

vdr:/home/vdr# ls /dev/em8300*
ls: /dev/em8300*: No such file or directory
vdr:/home/vdr#

--
yitahutu <yitahutu at gmail.com>