[vdr] vdr installation problem(use e-tobi.net Debian/c't VDR-Repository)

Niko Mikkila nm at phnet.fi
Thu Mar 9 12:22:04 CET 2006

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:52:52 +0800
yitahutu <yitahutu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install vdr for the 1st time but cannot make it, please
> give me some hints on which steps i'm missing, thanks
>
> My system:
> PII 350/128M ram/Twinhan 1020A/Hollywood+.
> Debian sid, kernel recompiled using linux-source-2.6.15.
>
> I try to use e-tobi.net Debian/c't VDR-Repository
>
> deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sid main non-free contrib
> deb http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental sid base addons vdr-standard
> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat sid main
>
> apt-get install em8300 vdr vdr-plugin-dxr3
>
> vdr:/home/vdr# vdr
> vdr: no primary device found - using first device!
> vdr:/home/vdr#
>
> vdr:/home/vdr# vdr -Pdxr3
> vdr:/home/vdr#
>
> vdr:/home/vdr# ls /dev/dvb
> ls: /dev/dvb: No such file or directory
> vdr:/home/vdr#
>
> vdr:/home/vdr# ls /dev/em8300*
> ls: /dev/em8300*: No such file or directory
> vdr:/home/vdr#

You'll need to load DVB and Dxr3 modules and perhaps create the device
nodes unless you have udev in your Debian installation. Test DVB and Dxr3
with other tools like MPlayer if you have problems with VDR. You'll
also need to scan the channels for MPlayer and VDR with the scan app from
dvb-utils.

--Niko