[vdr] Re-tuning

Vilppa ..--.. vilppa at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 11 13:11:00 CET 2006

Problem: Sometimes when VDR starts I don't get a picture to the TV. Tuning
fails and I get this to /var/log/messages:
[2315] frontend 0 timed out while tuning to channel 3, tp 658
I do get a picture when switching channels back and forth but that's no good
when I'm not watching TV. My recordings fail because of this.

When I searched the web, I found this:
and this:

In the first link when tuning fails VDR retunes right away. Second link says
that re-tuning has been removed for setups other than diseqc. I have a DVB-T
card and it used to work fine before with previous VDR versions. I've had
the black screen problem with vdr-1.3.42 & .44

If the problem really is that retuning has been removed, please bring it

Best regards,
Happy VDR user Vilppa