[vdr] Controlling xineplayer?

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Mon Mar 13 05:22:06 CET 2006

Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
>
>>> I decided to test the latest mplayer plugin (0.9.14) with xine-0.7.7 and
>>> vdr-1.3.44 by replacing the MPLAYER variable in mplayer.sh.conf with
>>> "xineplayer".  I changed the control mode in mplayer's options to
>>> "Traditional"
>>> but when I try to stop the playback, nothing responds.  Is there any
>>> way to
>>> control the player once it has been started?  It seems vdr does not
>>> respond to
>>> the remote control once I start mplayer using xineplayer.
>>
>> Hhm, I didn't test this functionality with 0.7.x releases. Maybe it is
>> broken. I'll have to test this tomorrow evening.
>
> I'm sorry, I cannot reproduce your issue. It works here as expected,
> with VDR's keyboard remote as well as vdr-xine's remote via xine-ui.
>
> Traditional mode only allows you to stop replaying. There are plans to
> change this, but so far I didn't "want" to find time to emulate mplayers
> output by xineplayer.

What I have done is taken a Nexus-S and run it in softmode with xine.  I am
using the original configuration of my remote.conf that I would use in standard
operating mode.  I am trying to control xine with a Nexus remote control.
Everything seems to work as expected except when I try to operate xineplayer for
some reason.

Best Regards,