[vdr] No recording-name in an episode-folder

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 00:27:10 CET 2006

Patrick Maier wrote:
> I'm recording the Simpsons on "Pro Sieben" as a repeating Timer. The
> Simpsons do not have a subtitle, so in the Recordings-Menu I see a
> subfolder "The Simpsons" but inside the Folder there are only the Times
> and Dates of the recording, because there is no subtitle...
> Would it be possible that if a recording in a episode-folder dores not
> have a subtitle, the episode-name would be displayed?

I assume you meant episode name and program title, not subtitle and
episode-name, eg. if there is no episode name, just call the recording
"The Simpsons", not "".

You can get this by using the timer name "The Simpsons~The Simpsons",
however you have to disable the use-episode-name option, or VDR will
again record to another sub-folder.

To get the use-episode-name feature for /some/ timers, add ~EPISODE to
the timer names, and they will record just like with use-episode-name
enabled. You can also add ~TITLE to get the EPG program title.

Cheers,

Udo