[vdr] VDR-1.3.44: speedup patch for cRemux::ScanVideoPacket()

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Sun Mar 19 18:00:22 CET 2006

Hi,

the attached patch speeds up ScanVideoPacket() in two ways:

- finding the start code is done by memchr(), which was the major change
for the cVideoRepacker speedup patches some VDR versions ago.

- ScanVideoPacket() may skip scanning the packets most of the time when
cVideoRepacker is enabled (see source comments for details).

As a result, the CPU load of my EPIA system with a 600 MHz CPU drops
from 27 % to 17 % for receiving the 'ASTRA HD' HDTV demo channel.

Besides the mentioned improvements, I've declared ScanVideoPacket() and
GetPacketLength() static and pubic, as I'd like to use their
functionality in future versions of vdr-xine.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de