[vdr] "deleting plugin" message

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Mar 26 18:20:02 CEST 2006

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 17:10 +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>

>>- Removed the log message "deleting plugin: ..." when shutting down VDR (thanks to
>>   Christoph Haubrich for reporting that this is irritating when calling "vdr --help").
>

> FWIW, when a plugin crashed at exit, this message was useful in finding
> out exactly what the culprit plugin was.

Well, originally Christoph Haubrich had suggested to give
cPluginManager::Shutdown() a boolean parameter that controls
whether or not to log the deleting, but I thought that would
be overkill - who needs the "deleting plugin..." message,
anyway?

I didn't think of plugins that crash upon exit ;-)

Klaus