[vdr] xgl, xinerama and xine

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:25:13 CEST 2006

I have just discovered Xgl : TREMENDOUS !!!

In a few minutes I have set up xfce/Xgl/compiz in order to have xine in
background and in one face of my cube I have one big terminal (also
fullscreen) with a perfect transparency which allows me to work while
watching TV :-)

Another face of my cube, same but with firefox :-)

There is a nice howto under http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_XGL

Does anyone know xfce/xgl to tell me how to automatically have this
setup at each start ?

I am specially interested in learning how to start an application on a
specific face of the cube ?
And how to set transparency level, sticky state...

How to tell it to only use first xinerama screen for xine normal usage
(F is for fullscreen in second screen).

Grégoire FAVRE                http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com