[vdr] xgl, xinerama and xine

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 22:25:13 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have just discovered Xgl : TREMENDOUS !!!

In a few minutes I have set up xfce/Xgl/compiz in order to have xine in
background and in one face of my cube I have one big terminal (also
fullscreen) with a perfect transparency which allows me to work while
watching TV :-)

Another face of my cube, same but with firefox :-)

There is a nice howto under http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_XGL

Does anyone know xfce/xgl to tell me how to automatically have this
setup at each start ?

I am specially interested in learning how to start an application on a
specific face of the cube ?
And how to set transparency level, sticky state...

How to tell it to only use first xinerama screen for xine normal usage
(F is for fullscreen in second screen).

Thank,
--
Grégoire FAVRE                http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com