[vdr] ShortText == Description

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Wed Oct 4 17:16:54 CEST 2006

Boguslaw Juza wrote:
>     Hi!
>
> There are some channels witch EPG ShortText is the same as Description
> (and a few sentences long). So I'm suggesting little change in
> skinclassic.c (and probably in skinsttng.c too):

Doesn't the "EPG bugfix #7" already take care of this:

   // Some channels put the same information into ShortText and Description.
   // In that case we delete one of them:
   if (shortText && description && strcmp(shortText, description) == 0) {
      if (strlen(shortText) > MAX_USEFUL_EPISODE_LENGTH) {
         free(shortText);
         shortText = NULL;
         }
      else {
         free(description);
         description = NULL;
         }
      EpgBugFixStat(7, ChannelID());
      }

Maybe you have disabled the "EPG bugfix level" setup option?

Klaus