[vdr] ShortText == Description

Boguslaw Juza bogdan at uci.agh.edu.pl
Wed Oct 4 17:30:44 CEST 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Doesn't the "EPG bugfix #7" already take care of this:
>  // Some channels put the same information into ShortText and Description.
>  // In that case we delete one of them:
> Maybe you have disabled the "EPG bugfix level" setup option?

I have "EPG bugfix level" set to 3. The point is - ShortText and
Description are near the same - one of them is a few characters longer.
Perheaps it would be better to compare only a few first characters?
I have sugested 8 - if both text starts from the same word(s), they
its very probably, its near the same.

Or...
strncmp(ShortText,Description,
         strlen(ShortText)>strlen(Description)?strlen(Description):strlen(ShortText))

                                    Boguslaw Juza