[vdr] ProjectX - won't start

lamikr lamikr at cc.jyu.fi
Thu Oct 5 02:11:57 CEST 2006

I am not sure from the installation of rpm versions, because I am just
used to download the .bin versions of sun jdk.
If you install the ".bin" version of Sun JVM, you can basically extract
it to any directory you want.
Then just make sure that the jdk/bin directory where java, javac, etc.
locates is first one in your path.

After that, you can just launch it by using standard java command.
With some distros, you may need to update all java related symlinks from
/etc/alternatives directory to point to
files under your sun jdk instead of the default ones pointing to non-sun
version.

Mika