[vdr] ShortText == Description

Boguslaw Juza bogdan at uci.agh.edu.pl
Thu Oct 5 08:29:06 CEST 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> So I guess it will make sense to make sure an event that is
> newly received from the data stream has *all* its data
> refreshed from the stream. If there is no short text, for instance,
> an already existing short text needs to be deleted etc.

If you moving ShortText to Description, maybe you could generate
small ShortText based on description? For example:

ShortTextLen=strlen(Description); if(ShortTextLen>31)ShortTextLen=31;
for(a=ShortTextLen;a>0;a--)if(Description[a]==' ')break;
if(a>0)ShortTextLen=a;

ShortText=(char *)malloc(ShortTextLen+4);
memcpy(ShortText,Description,ShortTextLen);
strcpy(ShortText+ShortTextLen,"...");

                                      Boguslaw Juza