[vdr] Disable Nexus-T card

Harri Kukkonen hkkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Sun Oct 8 13:45:20 CEST 2006

Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Need to make another VDR-box, just for DVB-T
> I have one NEXUS-T FF board where the tuner is very bad.
> I want to use that as outputcard and then two NOVA-T's as tuners.
> How do I disable the use of NEXUS as tuner ?

I used this method to disable the horrible tuner on a Fujitsu-Siemens FF
dvb-c card.
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-April/001501.html

This thread also contains some methods to do it.
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-August/004017.html

I haven't experienced any major problems with the
if (IsPrimaryDevice())
    return false;
trick, but I have kept the ff-card still plugged in, since there have
been reports that they tend to crash without signal.
With one budget card there were a few recordings that had stopped after
5-6min of recording from the YLE-mux, but I did not have time to debug
the cause. I haven't seen that problem again after I added a second
budget card to the system (or at least there haven't been any reports,
that's my parents' vdr-box :) )

Harri