[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.3.0
stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Mon Oct 9 01:25:18 CEST 2006
the softdevice team (Torgeir Veimo, Martin Wache and me, Stefan Lucke)
is pleased to announce a new release of vdr's softdevice plugin.
Softdevice plugin enables vdr to run on your desktop with
so called budget cards. You'll get vdr output via framebuffer or X11-Xv or
DirectFB or vidix to your screen. Decoding is done via ffmpeg.
Supported vdr versions: (1.2.x,) 1.3.x and 1.4.x
Plugin's homepage is located at: http://softdevice.berlios.de/
For cle266 hardware decoding support via DirectFB, you'll need a fresh
version from todays DirectFB's cvs.
Further you'll need libcle266mpegdec which is available from:
Changelog since last release:
- fix hang after long pause.
- enable cropping for video-shm.
- Remove some unneeded code and fix ctl->width/height setting.
- video-shm: silence warnings.
- video-xv: removed osdMutex.
- video-dfb: removed osdMutex.
clear non video area when OSD is active to avoid fade effects.
- protect locking for old picture by a separate mutex.
- fix possible lost picture update and dropped areaMutex.
- introduce a mutex to protect calls to videoOut from SoftOsd
- initialize parameters for the vout->GetOSDMode() call
- fix "Error! Trying to unlock a nil picture... Ignoring" error message.
- use current_OsdMode instead of setupStore.OsdMode
- fix RefreshAll for NoVScaleCopyToBitmap()
- add a very simple cpu type and host system detection to configure
- fix changing from pseudo to software osd blending for video-xv
- remove no longer needed test for broken gcc compiler from configure
- combine shared memory checks into CheckShmIDs()
- improve error messages in video-shm.c
- replace "pshufw" with MMX commands to make scaling optimazations available
to processors without MMX2
- cleanup PicBuffer.c, release PicBuffers in destructor,...
- add linux framebuffer detection to configure
- disable libcle266mpegdec if no DirectFB is found
- add altivec optimizations to some AlphaBlend() and
- make utils.c compile on non MMX machines, cleanup some #ifdefs
- fix compile issue with g++-4.1.1
- add NoVScaleCopyToBitmap() for RGB modes
- added -vo shm: to help option
- added support new fields from libcle266mpegdec-0.4
- video-dfb: removed check and support for DSBLIT_INTERLACED as DirectFB
has buildin support for this now.
- disable cle266 support if DirectFB is not patched for this
- cle266: fix one aspect ratio info and configure (by Rolf Ahrenberg)
- don't continue on argument errors
- catch unrecognized options for dfb-out (reported by Rolf Ahrenberg)
- fix "NVidia software alpha blending OSD" issue, which turned out
to be a compiler problem with g++-4.1.1. (Many thanks to Prakash
Punnoor, Matthias Schwarzott, Chris Elsworth and all the others
who helped to fix this)
- video-xv.c: silence some warnings
- video-vidix: offer equalizer settings via OSD (brightness, hue,
saturation and contrast)
offer HW-deinetrlace via OSD when available
(by Roland Praml)
- limit destination video offsets to even values
- fix typo in asignment
- fix xv-out with subplugins disabled
- fix wrong colors when using ShmClient (reported by Matthias Schwarzott
and derWolf at vdrportal)
- disable debuging printouts
- set sPicBuffer completly to zero
- adjust ffmpeg library order in configure
- enable different pixel formats in video-xv
- properly init ctl->key (reported by Matthias Schwarzott)
- video-dfb: disable reported failed flags in SetParams()
- no longer exit when a audio mode is not available, audio is only disabled.
- clean up audio-alsa
- init tmpOsdSurface and delete dirtyLines properly
- try to use the XVideo default brightness, hue etc. values on first start
- new option: "-vo xv:use-defaults", can be used to reset the values
of brightness, hue etc. to the default values. (Based on a patch
by Matthias Schwarzott)
- only link against libXi if necessary ( do we need libXi at all?)
- check explicitly for pkg-config in configure
- configure: "--with-ffmpeg-path" overrides pkg-config
- unconditionally set _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN Atom when going fullscreen (recent Metacity WM need it)
- fix segfault in OSD refresher.
- remove no longer defined FFMPEG_VERSION string
- move alsa related stuff into a separate file, enable build without alsa
- remove uneeded include of "sys/mman.h" and "sys/ioctl.h" from video.c
- set max_width and max_height for temporary PicBuffer
- remove uneeded include of "linux/fb.h" from softdevice.c
- fix possible endianness problems in SoftOsd.c
- add support for yuy2 pixel format to alpha blend and copy pic buf code
- change return value of AllocPicBuffer()
- change the parameters of yv12_to_yuy2_il_mmx() so that it can also be used
for not interlaced pictures
- video pixelformat and stretchblit mode can be locked by output driver, so
that changeing them is not offered via OSD.
- video-dfb: - Adapted radeon real alphablend handling to current DirectFB-cvs.
It is now handled similary to via mode (with underlay).
- In mgatv-out mode, video surface is now allways allocated with
attribute DSCAPS_INTERLACED to support interlaced stretchblit
- Removed test #if directives introduced in first via hw-dec support.
- Lock pixelformat and stretchblit mode in case via hw-decode
and mgatv mode.
- video-dfb: changed pixel format for HW-decoding to I420. So accelerated and
unaccelerated modes use the same pixel format.
- ignore config.log on commit checks
- removed hardcoded FBDEV name in Makefile and configure
- cle266, video-dfb: added HW-decoder support
- configure: check for libcle266mpegdec instead of cle266mpegdec
- get frame buffer name at runtime:
1. via enviroment variable FRAMEBUFFER
2. try /dev/fb0 or /dev/fb/0
- video-dfb: fix via aspect ratio handling
- make configure a bit more verbose. A complete log is now saved in
- fix delete <-> delete mismatch reported by Prakash Punnoor.
- activate mmx version of yv12_to_yuy2_il_ () for dfb, xv and vidix.
- name change libsubvdr-softdevice-METHOD.so.?? -> libsoftdevice-METHOD.so.?? .
- removed option -L . is obsolete since we can get the path we are loaded from,
at runtime (thanks to Petri Hintukainen).
- mmx version of yv12_to_yuy2_il_c(): yv12_to_yuy2_il_mmx2(). not yet called.
- set pic->format in AllocPicBuffer()
- more debug messages
- fix PICDEB
- fix a few stupid errors in VideoFilter.c, initialise more
variables in PicFilter.c
- move postproc stuff into VideoFilter.[ch]
- apply patch to use direct rendering
- add tests for older ffmpeg versions to configure
- add "--disable-mmx" and "--disable-mmx2" to configure
- fix possible segfaults in SoftOsd when using a zoom faktor
- fix VIA OSD transparency for newer DirectFB cvs versions
- merged some defines which belong together
- added 15:9 screen aspect
- fix postprocessing not offered via OSD even detected by configure
- reenable software alpha blending for video-shm
- move AlphaBlend into utils.c, clean up MMX defines
- video-dfb: preparation for DSBLIT_INTERLACED which results
in better displaying of downscaled 16:9 on 4:3 TVs with matrox.
- video-dfb: make YUY2 color info reordering dependant of
interlaced vs. progressive video.
- some fixes for DirectFB compile, configure & 64bit arch .
More information about the vdr