[vdr] Problem with audio sync in playback

Tero Siironen izero79 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 16:23:57 CEST 2006

On 14.10.2006 23.20, "Pasi Juppo" <pasi.juppo at iki.fi> wrote:

> This problem is yet to be fixed to my understanding. Now I have a good
> recording (one episode from Lost) where this happens very often. The
> problem seems to be related to situations where the scene fades black
> before new scene. There is something strange in those situations..
>
> If someone has the knowledge/talent to start debugging the problem I can
> put the recording available for downloading.

Well, I don't have knowledge for debugging, but I ran some tests. I took few
minutes crop from a recording of same episodes and tried it with different
AV7110 firmwares. (TT DVB-C FF 2.1 card)

I tested with VDR 1.4.3 and test_av app included in 22623 test firmware
package, with firmwares 261a, 261f, 2622 and that test version 22623.
Everytime playback stuttered and lost a/v sync after scene change situation.

So I think this is more like dvb firmware/driver problem than VDR problem.
However this is very annoying.

--
Tero Siironen