[vdr] FF card substitute - Budget and PVR 350?

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Fri Oct 20 04:14:57 CEST 2006

I note that Hauppauge no longer list the Nexus DVB-S FF card and was
wondering if anyone has succeeded in using the PVR 350, which has a
hardware MPEG2 decoder and OSD, in conjuction with a budget DVB-S card.

What I am looking for is the full functionality of VDR, for display on a
television set via the video output on the PVR 350 - no VGA card outputs.

If this is not yet possible, which pieces of the puzzle are still missing?

Regards,

Richard