[vdr] FF card A/V sync suggestion

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Oct 21 18:49:50 CEST 2006

C.Y.M wrote:
> If the answer to this question could be discovered, then problem solved.  So,
> what you are suggesting is VDR is not doing something that mplayer is doing that
> fixes the problem.  Hmmmmmm... so then it is not a driver or firmware issue
> after all?? Could we agree that much? :)

I wouldn't go that far. For this concrete case, since it is limited to
one specific channel, there's a good chance that the encoding of the
channel breaks some standards limitation.
There's also most likely nothing wrong on VDR, as VDR is basically just
forwarding data streams. If mplayer does a better job, then its probably
more like a bug workaround.
Generally, things would be a lot better if the driver/firmware would do
A/V resyncing constantly and not just at playback start. That way, A/V
desync wouldn't built up, and desync would only happen for a short time.

Cheers,

Udo