[vdr] FF card A/V sync suggestion

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Sun Oct 22 23:43:06 CEST 2006

On 22 Oct 2006, at 22:33, C.Y.M wrote:

>> And just for completeness: No serious CPU load when playing back with
>> VDR or mplayer.
> Yes, if the extra CPU load by mplayer is not even noticeable when
> playing back
> VDR recordings, and it is not prone to any type or desync, then I
> vote we all
> try to figure out what mplayer is doing and repeat it. Whats a few
> extra CPU
> cycles if it becomes much much more stable in the end.

The reason i mentioned the dvbplayer.c thread, is that this problem
was mitigated by using different code to feed the softdevice mpeg2
decoder; using softplay to playback recordings provided dropout free
playback. I'm not sure if softplay works with FF cards, but you might
get the source at softdevice.berlios.de to give it a try.

Torgeir Veimo
torgeir at pobox.com