[vdr] FF card A/V sync suggestion

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Oct 28 18:13:04 CEST 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Morfsta wrote:
>> I second that, please don't let it drop again.. Is anyone actually
>> working on this, Klaus, Oliver, ANYONE?
>
> I'm not working on this, because ATM I wouldn't know what to do.

Any comments on C.Y.M's point that PCR should be recorded/used?
-> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-October/011061.html

As far as I understand this, VDR ignores the TS-layer PCR timing data
(which, as far as I understand this, controls the raw data rate fed to
the decoders) and the syncing is done by DVB driver/firmware based on
the timing information in the underlying PES headers. Since the DVB
playback also works on PES layer and accepts data on all-you-can-eat
base, I'm not sure whether feeding the DVB device on PCR based data
rates would help, or how PCR should be forwarded to the DVB hardware.

Cheers,

Udo