[vdr] Re: libxineoutput - A/V Sync

Dave dave at optionsdsl.ca
Fri Sep 8 21:39:54 CEST 2006

Tero Saarni wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Im experiencing a problem with libxineoutput.  The video and audio are
>> out of sync.  the settings for the plugin correct it good for one
>> channel, but then are out for another channel, so Ive had to put it in
>> the "middle" so its kinda out of sync equally across all channels, but I
>> find it unacceptable.  I also have an A/V sync problem on another
>> machine playing DVD's, where mplayer is fine, so I suspect it to be
>> xine-lib, rather than the plugin, I am just wondering if anyone else has
>> seen this.  VDR 1.4.0, CVS libxineoutput.  Latest xine-lib 1.1.2-r1 I
>> believe.
>>
>> I shoud note that Im using spdif passthru.  the DVD playback on another
>> machine is regular analog.

Some research shows that xine-lib 1.1.2+ is the problem, but I cant get
1.1.1 to use XvMC(nvidia).      I experienced the same A/V sync problem
on another machine playing back a DVD.

So... I can use 1.1.1 if I can get it to work with XvMC.. for some
reason it wont use it, although it compiles fine and says its available
but always falls back to plain XV anyways.

> I'm also experiencing A/V sync problems with xineliboutput.  They
> appeared when I switched from analog audio to spdif passthrough.
>
> I haven't been able to correlate the problem with anything specific
> but I think the format of the audio has an impact to the severity
> of the problem: AC-3 streams are more likely to be out of sync
> than PCM streams.

I also have occasional audio drop-outs.  It is possible that they
> are caused by the coax cable but I suspect it might be software
> problem.

I  have always had audio drop outs on AC3 streams, but not PCM ones, the
5.1 ones on some channels isnt even useable, others will drop 3-4 times
in a few hours.  I have this problem with softdevice and libxinoutput
and the xine plugin..  It didnt do it at all with one digital receiver
at all, but my new one does it.