[vdr] 451 Grab image failed v4l problem?

Leo Márquez leo at calidae.net
Tue Sep 12 12:23:32 CEST 2006

I have problems to activating grab images in vdr 1.4.2 and kernel
I have readed old recently posts about this problem:

It talks about v4l driver problem and says installing mercurial driver
solves the problem.
The post is from june.
I can't grab (451 Grab image failed) and have video for linux compiled
into kernel (not as module).

This means that the problem is not solved in kernel and I have
to install mercurial v4l as kernel module?
Is there any problem if I have the v4l into the kernel or I have to
compile kernel with v4l as module?