[vdr] 451 Grab image failed v4l problem?

Leo Márquez leo at calidae.net
Tue Sep 12 12:23:32 CEST 2006

I have problems to activating grab images in vdr 1.4.2 and kernel 2.6.17.11.
I have readed old recently posts about this problem:

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-June/009741.html

It talks about v4l driver problem and says installing mercurial driver
solves the problem.
The post is from june.
I can't grab (451 Grab image failed) and have video for linux compiled
into kernel (not as module).

This means that the problem is not solved in kernel 2.6.17.11 and I have
to install mercurial v4l as kernel module?
Is there any problem if I have the v4l into the kernel or I have to
compile kernel with v4l as module?

Thanks.