[vdr] Control Plugin and Keys F1 - F12

Rene Bartsch ML at Bartschnet.de
Wed Sep 27 17:33:23 CEST 2006

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:03:14 +0200 (CEST), Rene Bartsch wrote
>> when using the Control-Plugin with Telnet keyboard keys F1 - F12 do
>> not work. Are there any settings/escape-sequences to activate that
>> keys or isn't it possible to use them?
>
> You might want to take a look at the remote plugin which has a telnet
> option
> similar to the control plugin. The remote plugin will learn the keys
> first, so
> you shouldn't have problems with the F* keys no matter which term setting
> your
> telnet client uses. Besides the control plugin tends to enter an infinite
> loop
> after logging off (or has this been fixed in the meantime?).

But the remote plugin doesn't have OSD, does it?

The question is, how can I remotely maintain OSD-settings on a
streaming-only VDR (no keyboard, no monitor, ...)

Using remote and control plugin at the same time means switching between
terminals for typing/reading and may cause conflicts between them.

Renne