[vdr] Comments on plugin Makefiles

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 15 13:07:17 CEST 2007

Hi there!

This time I have some comments on Makefiles for plugins.
1. Is there any reason to not allow plain "make" without target to work? It
would be so easy to move the "all:" target before "%.o: %.c" line.

Now when I call make I just get the first .c file compiled. when changing the
all target to be the first this will do what is necessary.

2. Is it really necessary to have compiling and installing inside the same
target? This even gets more annoying with the new i18n target that also
spreads all files over my system when hitting "make all".

Matthias
--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)