[vdr] FF card AV sync problems, possible fix to VDR (fwd)

Kartsa kari at kniivila.com
Thu Feb 1 17:28:48 CET 2007

Ville Rannikko kirjoitti:
>> >  Hi!
>> desync > problems
>> >  for me.
>> Can you provide a sample recording where A/V sync fails with the current
>> firmware?
>
> Oh, well. Turns out that I had somehow failed to install the new
> firmware properly. My test patch is possibly not needed at all.

I still have experienced AV sync problem with the new fw. The problem is
that I can not reproduce the problem. Replaying the video again does not
usually give the same result. The sync problem I've experienced with
this new fw is just a slight out of sync, less than half a second, but
it is noticeable. I can not really say yet how the problem occurs, what
are the circumstances. I must check if pausing or jumping causes it or
is it something changes in the video. Its nowadays so rare :) I was so
used to have it :)

\\Kartsa