[vdr] to record or not

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 01:04:23 CET 2007

On 2/1/07, abbe normal <1abenormal at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello all
>
> wondering if there is a way from the timers menu to only select to
> record or not record a program. what im wanting to do is set a timer
> to watch a program but not have vdr record it... not sure but just
> thinking it would be nice to have a option in the menu to not record
> but still go to the program...
>
> thanks

I suggested this feature to Klaus a long time ago and his reply was that
it's on the TODO list, but unfortunately at the bottom.  I wouldn't think
it's a hard thing to do, just add a Record? (y/n) flag to the timer data.
If the record flag is set, it records, if not it only changes the channel.

At any rate, it is something that Klaus has considered.