[vdr] to record or not

Reinhard Walter Buchner rw.buchner at freenet.de
Sat Feb 3 20:43:10 CET 2007

Hi,

> Am Donnerstag 01 Februar 2007 23:42 schrieb abbe normal:
> wondering if there is a way from the timers menu to only select to
> record or not record a program. what im wanting to do is set a timer
> to watch a program but not have vdr record it... not sure but just
> thinking it would be nice to have a option in the menu to not record
> but still go to the program...

Actually my Nessy Patch already did this years ag :o)). Selecting
the "View Only" mode created a special timer. As soon as the
timer time was reached it let VDR switch to that channel. No
recording was started and the timer was deleted as soon as the
"switch to" channel was properly tuned to.

regards,
Reinhard