[vdr] Feature Request: 10 Second Jump from BigPatch, "switch timer"

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Sun Feb 4 09:55:46 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 18:03, VDR User wrote:
> On 2/2/07, martin <martin at air-maxx.net> wrote:
> >  To be honest, i use BigPatch for just one reason. During playback, I can
> > jump 10 sec + / - with the "1" and "3" keys. I can't live without this
> > feature, because jumping 1 Minute is nice, but most of the times way too
> > long. So, actually, adding this 10 seconds jump to the main part, would
> > also help me a lot!
>
> Maybe Klaus will let the skip-time be user-definable in a future version,
> or maybe someone has already made a patch for it but for now why not just
> make your own small patch for it rather than apply BigPatch?  I believe
> these are the lines in menu.c to modify:
>
>     case kGreen:   SkipSeconds(-60); break;
>     case kYellow:  SkipSeconds( 60); break;

I always copy the relevant lines for kGreen and kYellow (near the end of
menu.c), rename them to k1 and k3, and change the delay to 10 s, leaving
Green and Yellow to stay as 1 min skip.

The majority of advert breaks in the UK (on terrestrial channels) seem to be
about 4 minutes (I've got another key set to skip 4 minutes forwards...) but
some are +/- 10 or 20 s and being able to skip 10 s is very handy for me.

Cheers,

Laz