[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Peter Dittmann peter.dittmann at freenet.de
Mon Feb 5 13:29:22 CET 2007

Udo Richter wrote:
> Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>> One more thing: are the timeouts for interactive->inactive->shutdown
>> configureable?  Is there a way to force VDR to enter inactive mode
>> without immediate shutdown?
>

> Inactive mode is triggered by the Min User Inactivity timeout config
> option, by default 3 hours. 3 hours after the last key press VDR changes
> to inactive.

How about a new two level inactivity timeout ?
After VDR starts the inactivity timeout uses a first short timeout (e.g.
5min) assuming that VDR has automaticly being started.
Only after seeing any real user activity the normal Inactivity timeout
(e.g. 2..3h) is used.
Of course this can be combined with override functions on VDR startup
(e.g. force plugin or timer start) as already suggested.

Last but not least I would personally wish for an new
anti-timeout-plugin that would block VDR from shutting down on request.
I sometimes watching TV in the workshop via RF modulated TV from my
master VDR.
Sometimes you miss the shutdown countdown and are surprised that the TV
turns to noise only, sometimes it's just anoying to go up to switch the
countdouwn off ;-))

However the last one now look like it's just a very simple plugin.

kind regards Peter