[vdr] VDR does not resume VPS recording after restart

Andreas Breitenbach lists at myratz.de
Tue Feb 6 22:28:30 CET 2007

Hi all,

I am using vdr-1.4.5. If I have started a recording without VPS it does
automatically resume the recording, if VDR has been restarted (either
manually or caused by a reset).

This is not working for a VPS recording.

I could imagin that in that case the recording is fully controlled by the VPS
signal. IMHO there should be some vanity check for the recording with VPS to
avoid nonsens, e.g the recording should stop after, let say, 8 hours, even if
no VPS stop signal has been received.
I used to have a recording with 1380 minutes, I guess the stop signal was
never detected.  This kind of check should be used for the resume after a
restart as well.

Cheers,
Andreas